February 5th, 2013
Welcome to the all new Arcadecraft Roadmap page!
Here you will be able to see what we are planning for the future of the game! Not all of these things may make it in as planned but at least you can see where we would like to take the game!
First Large Content Update:
Date Planned: Mid March 2013 Delivery
- 1980-1985 3-4 extra games added to back fill the game here and there.
- 1985 fully fleshed out with the empty months having machine releases.
- 1986 simulated including 12/13 new games to complete the year. Includes one new import and one new sitdown cabinet.
- 1-2 New Vending Machines. Snack Machine, Toy Crane, or Change Machine.
- 1 new game manufacturer.
- A new employee or contractor to help fix broken machines.
- A new cash based item to improve your games.
- Renovations. Don’t like pillars? Pay to break them down!
- Heatmapping the floor. Certain squares on the floor are naturally better to put machines on while others are worse.
- Difficulty levels or difficulty tweaks. eg Genres only worth 1/4 a star instead of 1/2. Machine popularity lower to compensate for the heatmap.
- A mini randomization of what machines are available when. Shifting them up a few months so each game is slightly random and different.
- All new, larger location with new customization options. At least one tile strip larger in both directions.
- New Power Box Upgrade for more machines.
- Everyone’s Arcade Names appearing in the Global Scoreboard Screen.
- “Milestones” or faux Achievements to be attained.
- Another Seasonal Item of some kind.
- Exterior environment changes depending on the season and possibly the year.
Future Content Update(s):
- 1987 – 1990 machines and content.
- Laserdisc Machines.
- Pinball Machines.
- Continue Based Games.
- Mounted Lightgun Based Games.
- 4 Player Simultaneous Games.
- A No Time Limit Designer Mode.
- Fog Density Customization
- Poster Pack Customization
- Deluxe Cabinet Games.
- New Music.
- Furniture Purchases.
- Car or Vanity purchases.
- Secret Machine Sharing. Not all users get 100% of the available machines, they are missing a few so have to share the missing ones.
- Billboard Advertising.
- Game Competitions.
- Multiple Save Slots.
As always, everything listed here is subject to change and is dependant on how popular the game continues to be!